"I think people are all ready to jump on the band wagon of saying "oh he can’t do it, he can’t play this character, he’s too young." Jamie Campbell Bower on his portrayal of Arthur in Camelot
The Quest for the Holy Grail translated in English. Alias, the 6th volume of Lancelot-Grail, if I am not mistaken!
The best so bad so good? The worst movie made? A “nothing can be worse than this” arthurian movie? I know we have a lot but what is the movie you really can’t watch and the one which is bad but you can’t stop watching?
Women of A Young Adventures of Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court: Alison/Alexandra
Lady Alison! In armor again. I order you to-
I take orders only from my kind, Ser Galahad. He is the one who gave me this armor.
Alison is a lady and a knight. No one at court seems to have a problem wit it but Galahad, her betrothed, who would like her more submissive and less knightly. Alison captures Hank Morgan as her prisoner but then she helps him and quickly becomes his friend, even falling a bit in love with him. Her engagement with Galahad is broken when Hank defeats him in a duel and she is free to be who she wants to be.
When Hank Morgan returns to his own time he meets Alexandra at school who is identical to Alison.
You will get me revenge. You will get me the throne that Merlin stole from me and gave to my bastard brother Arthur!
Morgana was without any doubt the most interesting character in this movie. She is Arthur’s sister and she is a very respected person at court, often compared to the magician Merlin, but the difference is that she is not easily impressed by “magic”. She has more the look of a scientist than the one of a magician and she is the only one who is not enchanted by Hank Morgan’s “magical” modern things. She believes that Merlin stole her rightful throne and gave it to her brother and I agree with her. She is deeply in love with Ulrich, one of Arthur’s knights, and very affectionate with him, but ready to use him to her purposes if necessary.
A pity that at the end her character is defeated by uglyness. Merlin turns her into an ugly old woman (her true appearance? We don’t know) and that is enough to defeat her. Disappointing.
Women Woman of Merlin 1993: Guinevere
Today on Lancelot du Lac
the hottest Lancelot I have ever seen
I wish I knew French
It’s also on youtube. Omg I am desperately looking for a transcription or subs or even a detailed plot sigh
PART 3 of picspam for Merlin 1993. With spoilers. The other parts are in the tag “merlin 1993”.
(1) Lady of the Lake
(2) Leong Tao sacrificed himself to help Crystal and John and now there’s this man who helps them but I can’t catch his name.
(3) Waiting for a sign to attack Pendragon. Pendragon arrives with his men and hunting dogs. They hide in an awful cave with bones and skulls (4).
(5) John finds again the sword. But Pendragon defeats John and now it’s up to Crystal (6). Ops no, John is up and about again, ready to defeat Pendragon. (7) Pendragon kills him, no!
(8) Crystal calls the power of the shield and Merlin and defeats Pendragon. She even revives John! (9)
PART 2 (Merlin 1993) with SPOILERS
So John is a geologist, Pendragon is the evil man of business who wants to run his business in the mine even if it’s dangerous. Crystal (1) nearly runs over a kid and makes a car accident and she is literally dead… but Leong Tao saves her (2).
But Pendragon is superhappy the noisy journalist is dead… until she is not dead anymore. (3) Evil Pendragon wants to kill her but John, who is there?, saves her. Running from the hospital!
Car chasing! Guns! Explosions! Fire!
Talkings of destiny and fate. Leong Tao seems the only one to know what’s going on. He explains to them and unlock their memories.
(4) Lady of the lake again.
(5) John Pope understanding that his destiny is to protect her. To do so he is forced to live with her in a lovely cottage in the middle of the woods with romantic music and spy at her changing her shirt though a mirror.
(6) Pendragon has a magical knife to kill the lady who has now a magical shield. He starts enchanting her and making her run away from the cottage to escape headaches. His men follow her to kill her but she is saved by John.
(7) The kiss.
Oh and they wake Merlin from his sleep because the sword is in danger. Leong Tao is basically the hero, Merlin is a dick.
(8) and (9) they go to talk to Merlin.